Sunday, July 21, 2013

What's growing Plot 2 Temple Terrace Community Garden 7/20/13

What's growing in the heat of the summer?  TTCG plot 2 looked fairly chipper yesterday.
The flowers in the thief's garden looked great!

A brand new bed of black eyed peas was growing like crazy!  And in the back you can see that marigolds and okra are thriving!
This lemon grass looks very happy

Eggplants are happy..


And there are a ton of gorgeous flowers!

Here's a close up of okra flowering- I've decided to add some okra.

Here's my plot in the garden

Volunteer boniato is taking over- finally something I can train up my trellis! Arugala is also very happy in the shade.

Long beans and Seminole pumpkin are not too happy. Celery is dead.
Sunflowers grown from Publix raw sunflower kernels are taking off!

Purple basil is just amazing!  In the back you can see part of my flower tower.


Better photo of my flower tower phase 1.

Regular basil and garlic chives very happy.  Zucchini seed planted in the shade is growing nicely too.  Ones planted in the sun did not germinate.

Close up on the zucchini

There's a happy pepper growing in the shade too.

Here's what I brought to add to the flower tower which now looks more like a tower now!  They were bought at Grace's last week and have been getting used to the Florida heat on my porch until yesterday.  Now we will see how they do in the tower.

So,if you want to add something now, I recommend flowers,okra, black eyed peas, growing in the shade of a trellis, and maybe a flower tower(but that is a ton of work and takes about 3 dozen plants! )








No comments:

Great-Grandma Weber's Summer German Potato Salad

 This was a staple at our family's summer outings for as long as I can remember.  My youngest sister asked me for the recipe so I though...