Thursday, February 8, 2018

My afternoon drink!

This is my new favorite way to enjoy warer!  Was introduced to the combination of throwing cucumber, lemon slices, and mint into water years ago as a weight loss drink.  Googled the combination this afternoon and was surprised at the numerous health benefits!  I can use all the anti-inflammatory, weight loss, digestive benefirs I can get!

Another favorite way to enjoy water is as water kefir!  I was turned on to this by Pure Living For Life.  If you've never tried their videos, you should!  They are really living the Discipliine of Self-Esteem- finding out what they can and can not do and finding the balance in life while building their dream home in the Idaho Panhandle.  One of their videos was introducing Jesse to water kefir- and I was so curious, I ordered some water kefir grains and been enjoying water kefir ever since- usually half and half with either tea or fruit juice.  Water kefir is full of probiotics which are great for digestion too!

Yesterday, I was inspired to try my cucumber, lemon and mint in my kefir water.  Yummy!  The slight acidity in the kefir was totally enhanced and deepened by the lemon.  The cucumber mellowed it out and the mint made it even more refreshing!  In addition the slight sweetness of the water kefir made the water drink even more pleasant.  A great combination!  Try it with or without kefir- your body will love it!

No comments:

Great-Grandma Weber's Summer German Potato Salad

 This was a staple at our family's summer outings for as long as I can remember.  My youngest sister asked me for the recipe so I though...