Monday, January 4, 2010

Just Do It Doesn't Work Without Flying Today

One of the basic underpinnings of the Discipline of Self-Esteem is that unless you have the discipline to  take care of yourself, you won't have the discipline to take care of any other responsibilities properly.  It will always be robbing Peter to pay Paul and resenting every second of the work that you do.  I was off work all last week, telling myself constantly that I was going to start doing all the house work that needs to be done any second- then didn't.  Donald Trump tells us to "Just Do It"- but when I told myself to just do it- I resented it.  You need to start with taking care of yourself first.  I often don't start with me first.  I have this great list of things to do every day and I just don't do them- and when I just don't do them, everything else becomes harder.  But when I found myself thnking that I needed to just do this list- it felt good!  No resentment.  This morning I decided to start out with my Flying Today list.  It is now 2.5 hours later and I wonder where all the time went- but I do know that I feel better.  Right now I am writing this instead of reading something inspirational for 5 minutes, so the process is almost done.  Will let you know if this helped tomorrow.

No comments:

Great-Grandma Weber's Summer German Potato Salad

 This was a staple at our family's summer outings for as long as I can remember.  My youngest sister asked me for the recipe so I though...