Sunday, January 22, 2012

A Billion Positive Moments

One of the secrets of a life well-lived is this simple fact: Life is made up of millions of moments- every positive moment contributes to a life lived well. Just strive to make the moment you are living now, a positive moment- and forget about the rest.

I added it up:  If I live to be 100 years old and every moment that I lived was positive, I would have 3 billion, one hundred and fifty-five million, seven hundred and sixty thousand well-lived seconds.

Of course, not every second that I've lived so far has been well-lived, but if I try to make every second from now on well-lived and I lived another 32 years, then I would have lived well for at least another one billion seconds.  This is a goal we can all attempt to reach.

Maybe that's why things like 12 steps and even my own Addition Principle seem to work so well.  These approaches all focus on making this moment count.  We can blame ourselves for the past and we can wonder what the future holds- but all we can do is the best we can do with the moment that we are living right now.  So lets go out and experience some seconds well-lived today!

Love always,
Mary Rose

P.S. As soon as I had this revelation, I went to the flowers that I needed to arrange, set up the tableau, and then took this picture for you!  Hope it brightens your day!

No comments:

Great-Grandma Weber's Summer German Potato Salad

 This was a staple at our family's summer outings for as long as I can remember.  My youngest sister asked me for the recipe so I though...