Sunday, January 22, 2012

Spice Jars Organized!


This is such a good solution, I'm surprised that I haven't seen it before!  I have tons of spices.  My son loves to experiment with flavors and seasonings, and I'm a sucker for recipes.  Spices need to be cool and dark- which is hard in the kitchen.  This is just a regular photo box- I bought it at Michael's for $2. It holds 24 regular size bottles of spices.  I have it on a folded wire shelf- just high enough so spills on the counter won't get it wet (I worry about stuff like that).  I guess if the box gets a little messy- I can look for another one on sale some other day (I have two filled with spices- one for jars, one for T-Z and the spices and herbs in bags- and a third just in case). It is also really easy to clean around- just lift one box and 24 spices go wherever you want.

This has been working really well for about a week- which is a pretty good record for me!

No comments:

Great-Grandma Weber's Summer German Potato Salad

 This was a staple at our family's summer outings for as long as I can remember.  My youngest sister asked me for the recipe so I though...