Monday, August 13, 2012

Breathing in the Garden

This morning, I went out to my garden to breathe as soon as it was light, and here is the view that I saw.  Magnificent!  Think that it will be an incredible day.

FLYing yesterday worked well until noon when I got stuck at the grocery store filling my prescriptions for my oral surgery tomorrow morning.  Yuck!  Am not looking forward to this at all.  After the surgery, will have to be on antibiotics and pain killers for about a week- and then take more than four months to heal from the bone implant that they will have to do.

Note to all Mom's with kids: Get them to the dentist at an early age and get that coating that they will recommend to keep the cavities out. My parents couldn't afford dental care.  By the time I was 20, I lost 4 molars, then some more to orthodontia, then some more due to not being able to afford caps when Rob was little- so now I have no teeth on the lower right bottom and after this just one in the left lower back.  My dentist has a little joke- he asks how I am holding together because even though I've had no new cavities in years, we worry about what will collapse next- and what it will take to remove the damage.  Nice little surprises costing thousands of dollars and loads of pain is not the legacy you want for your kids. 

On the other hand, my son had a beautiful coating placed on his teeth when he was little and the only work he has needed has been to replace a little of the coating that had worn off- once.  So do your best to get some kind of dental insurance for your kids, take them in every six months, and do the preventive stuff.  If you can't afford braces fine- they can do it when they grow up- but get them the basics.  Off the soap box.

Next week will be fun- hope to be posting here- but if the posts sound funnier than usual- that is because my brain is funnier than usual!

Working on my attitude today, so just enjoy this glorious sunrise and I'll see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Great-Grandma Weber's Summer German Potato Salad

 This was a staple at our family's summer outings for as long as I can remember.  My youngest sister asked me for the recipe so I though...