Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Oral Surgery Today

Gore alert.  Do not read this post if you don't want to know the details.  Skip to last paragraph.

At 10 AM this morning, I'll be having oral surgery to remove a tooth that's been on it's way out for most of my life.  Doctor told me the history before he looked at my mouth- decayed as a child- fillings galore- a root canal- then the fillings gave way- got a cap- maybe two until the cap had to be held in by pin put in through the root canal- finally the pin split the root and the last cap came off- now there is nothing left but to do but cut the tooth out.  And I smiled and nodded because he had it about right.  It could go easy and come out like it was nothing- or it might be a struggle with a scary list of complications- either way- I'm sleeping through it.

My thanks to my friend Sandra who had been putting up with my reminders, will take me there, sit through it and take me home.  She is my partner in crime (Children's Faith Formation, VBS, and the Christmas pageants- so it is not really a crime at all) so I'm glad she'll be there.  Also thanks and prayers for Dr. Gift who will be performing the surgery. So if you are tuning in, say a prayer today and I'll get back to you tomorrow- or maybe later today.

Love you all.

Mary Rose

No comments:

Great-Grandma Weber's Summer German Potato Salad

 This was a staple at our family's summer outings for as long as I can remember.  My youngest sister asked me for the recipe so I though...