Sunday, August 12, 2012

FLYing Today

I have this great little wakeup routine that I wrote about over 6 years ago.  It may not be a perfect routine for the rest of the world, but it is a great little routine for me.  This morning, I woke up and totally goofed off for two hours feeling miserable- and then this thought popped into my head- Why Don't You Use Your Fly Routine Anymore?  Why indeed?  I know that it works- I know that it feels great.  So I opened up the web page- read the first two paragraphs (which really helps you focus on what's important), stretched right there on the couch (which was pretty funny but effective), went out to my garden to breathe, then came back in the house looking for grain, protein and fruit.  Spent too much time looking for all kinds of exotic things (have this recipe for Ezekial bread started on the stove right now- had a lot of the grains except for spelt and millet but do have wheat berries to substitute for spelt which is a primitive wheat)- and totally missed this wonderful banana bread that I made yesterday.  I didn't have applesauce, so I took a can of pears in their own juice, boiled them in the juice and blended up about 2/3 of the can which made the 1/2 cup of pear sauce needed.  I didn't have whole wheat flour so I used white flour instead, and I can't have banana bread without nuts, so I added 3/4 cup of whole almonds that were then mostly crushed.  Just fruit, honey, flour, almonds, and leavening- what could be better?  Also wanted more flavor so added some of the homemade vanilla extract from Cheyenne's.  I think that Cheyenne can skip all of the vegetables and there would be tons of people who would shop there for the condiments, honey, dairy, and plants! So this is a picture of what is left of the bread...

That's as far as I've gotten today with FLYing but it's a start. See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Great-Grandma Weber's Summer German Potato Salad

 This was a staple at our family's summer outings for as long as I can remember.  My youngest sister asked me for the recipe so I though...