Sunday, February 17, 2013

Green Tomato Topped Macaroni and Cheese

Last week I tried adding sliced green tomatoes to my ordinary macaroni and cheese (which I love).  Took some photos yesterday of a more complicated recipe that I didn't like as well, so I will give you the correct recipe here and those photos from yesterday that more or less match it (if you see onions and prosciutto please ignore them- and if you add onions and prosciutto to yours don't add the green tomatoes because they don't go together).

(Post in progress)...
Topping of sliced green tomatoes with a little panko bread crumbs over macaroni and cheese sauce.  After adding sauce and topping bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes

Start by adding 2 tbsp better and 2 tbsp flour to a 2 cup container

Add milk up to the one cup mark- then microwave 30 seconds at a time until thick- add 1 cup grated cheddar cheese

This is a small green tomato- it was used to create all the slices seen in photo up top- slice very thin

No comments:

Great-Grandma Weber's Summer German Potato Salad

 This was a staple at our family's summer outings for as long as I can remember.  My youngest sister asked me for the recipe so I though...