Monday, October 20, 2014

TTCG: Official start of 2014-2015 Growing Season in Mary Rose's Garden

 Here are the new plants waiting to go into my plot.  I have purple cabbage, collards, and broccoli, Roma tomatoes, yellow bell and cubanelle peppers, marigolds, and of course- lots of herbs.

This weekend, I finally got around to getting my newly expanded plot ready.  It was a great day and not too hot so was able to get everything clear.  Doesn't it look great!
This is what's left of my original plot.  Oregano on the left, garlic chives on the right, and a big healthy African blue basil in the back. Jalapeño pepper next to the basil- the one that was in my nursery almost all summer!

This is the border between my new and old plot.  The new plot was overgrown with mint which is pretty much a weed in Plot 2, but I use a lot so stuck it in a pot.

And here's all that is left of the new plot.  Còuldn't bear to deliberately kill the long beans, so put them on a trellis.  

Can't wait for next week!




No comments:

Great-Grandma Weber's Summer German Potato Salad

 This was a staple at our family's summer outings for as long as I can remember.  My youngest sister asked me for the recipe so I though...