Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A Day Without Walking


Weight loss: gained 2.2 pounds yesterday, down 2.0 from max weight.  Gained 0.2% body weight (net change 0), BMI went up 0.2% (net change 0) according to my fat loss monitor.

Something I might see on my walk at work
Yesterday, I did not do any walking. I had every intention of walking at work- even linked to this really great map of Walking trails at work. This map even has trails mapped out- with number of steps along familiar places pre-counted. It is easy to convert to miles- just divide by 2000 steps.  The equivalent walk to my long block is the combination of yellow and red trails.  The door out of my building is in the middle of the north side of the red loop.  Tarek's (where I can buy lunch) is on the south side of the pink loop.  My plan yesterday was to go over to Tareks, buy lunch and do the loops on the way back.  This is definitely NOT a good idea.  If you are going to walk at lunch- do not have hot food in your hand- you will go inside and eat it- and NEVER get outside to walk.  New plan is to walk in the morning- AND to walk at work BEFORE I buy my lunch.

This is my plan for the walk at work: Start out at the top of the red loop- walk clockwise around the red loop until getting to where the red and pink loops join.  Then walk over to the pink loop and walk clockwise all the way around until I get to Tarek's where I buy my lunch.  Walk back to the beginning of the pink loop over to the red loop and continue on the red loop back to my office.

In the meantime, need to get on my morning walk now- because there is no time like the present!

No comments:

Great-Grandma Weber's Summer German Potato Salad

 This was a staple at our family's summer outings for as long as I can remember.  My youngest sister asked me for the recipe so I though...