Monday, February 6, 2012

Super Bowl Sunday

Reblogged from http://www.thyhandhathprovided.com/2011/10/black-bean-butternut-squash-chili.html
Cilantro is front and center in this pic!
Weight loss: 1.2 pounds yesterday, down 4.2 from max weight.  Gained 0.2% body weight but BMI went down 0.3% according to my fat loss monitor.

Here was our pre-Super Bowl meal:
 First we started with freshly made warm from the oven Double Corn Bread (recipe from Thy Hand Hath Provided).  Then we topped this with leftover Black bean and butternut Squash Chili that had been left over from earlier in the week.  This is an easy recipe that can easily be started in the crock pot before work and be ready when you get home.

We had reheated the chili in the oven topped with Amish Colby Cheese from Cheyenne's.

On top of that we placed the salsa I made tonight (2 small tomatoes, 1/4 yellow bell pepper, 1 scallion, handful of cilantro from my garden, sea salt, juice of one lime, and freshly ground black pepper. The final topper was fresh whole sour cream. Yummy!

For Super Bowl snacks, I had a beer (Samuel Adams® Alpine Spring) and some tortilla chips with more of the same salsa (had to make two new batches for Rob and I).

The walking went quickly but may no longer be enough- did have pain and swelling during choir today. Like many others, woke up too late for walking before work today- will try getting some in during my lunch break.  Looks like lunch will be Tarek's special for today- tortillini marinara with a caesar salad. 

Teach Faith Formation tonight, so will get home after 8- hope Rob will have supper ready.  It is such a luxury to have a grown son who can cook have supper ready when you get home!

Love always,
Mary Rose

No comments:

Great-Grandma Weber's Summer German Potato Salad

 This was a staple at our family's summer outings for as long as I can remember.  My youngest sister asked me for the recipe so I though...