Thursday, August 21, 2014

DOSE: The practical side of starting over

Yesterday, I accomplished something that I've been trying to do for months.  I did a reasonable job of cleaning the apartment.  True the bug man came- it's always cleaner when he's coming because. I know that he's looking for dirt- but I didn't feel bad that I had to let him in and wasn't afraid of him coming when he did.  That's a major accomplishment for me.  It was hard and it was painful - I can only work 15 minutes before I need to take a 5 minute break- but it looks nice to me- maybe not to a clean freak but we can work up to that.

I also have been tracking my weight with My Fitness Pal for a week or so.  This is a free tracker and there is an IPad app.  It is really a lot of fun and works well.  It does help modify behavior.  Today, it has started to praise and nag- not sure I like that feature, but I guess feedback is important.

I am trying to be daily to scripture reading and mediating on God's word with Daily Reflections.  Today what hits me from them is that if you are being faithful to God, then he will out a right spirit within you.  And as I am writing this blog, the efforts to do the right things seem to bear fruit.

I still have to go back to Curves and I bought two swim suits but have not gone into the pool on the other side of my back porch- so we will see what tonight or tomorrow brings.  Whatever it brings, I will let you all know.  I am starting next weeks blog today- will track just these three things: diet, exercise, and inspiration and let you know how I do...

So until next Wednesday...

No comments:

Great-Grandma Weber's Summer German Potato Salad

 This was a staple at our family's summer outings for as long as I can remember.  My youngest sister asked me for the recipe so I though...