Wednesday, August 13, 2014

DOSE: What do we live for, if not to make the world less difficult for each other?

Found this quote by George Eliot on today's Daily Reflections.  It made me think of the passing of two great actors in the last two days: Robin Williams and Lauren Bacall.  Both of them, in their own way and time, made life a little less difficult for all of us.  Just like in today's reflection, one past too soon but with a life full of wondrous deeds- the other lived a long full life but with deeds just as wondrous.  And both of them made life a lot less difficult for all of us- not only could they take us away from our troubles and pain- but much of their work made us think and filled our heads with new thoughts that changed the way we feel.  I hope that Robin finds that What Dreams May Come was wrong about suicides and that the person who reaches down and pulls him from the pit of despair is none other than our loving Lord Jesus Christ.  I believe that Robin and Bacall are in heaven right now having all their tears wiped away- because God loves those who gives so much of their hearts to others.  And I don't remember too many roles they played where we did not see their whole heart and soul.  That's what made us love them so much.  The world will be a little less bright without them, but we can see them whenever we want- thanks to the marvel of our electronic world.

So to them, and to you, I leave this photo of a little bit of heaven on my Earth- the place I imagine it would be great to walk with God, which ironically, I think is a photo from one of my own morning walks.  Sometimes, the most beautiful things are the things right under our noses.  Until tomorrow!

No comments:

Great-Grandma Weber's Summer German Potato Salad

 This was a staple at our family's summer outings for as long as I can remember.  My youngest sister asked me for the recipe so I though...