Monday, August 18, 2014

TTCG End of Summer

Plot 2: August 17, 2014
This is the papaya tree- still growing strong and putting out fruit.

This week's basket with papaya inside

Butterfly loving the zinnias

Rest of my basket

View of the garden from the back of the water pump
This week, the garden looked a little overgrown with weeds and volunteers- but it is the end of the summer.  Our president Travis sent out a newsletter that told us all the begin getting our beds ready for fall.  That was my conclusion last week- that it was time to get all of the plants that are overgrown out of my garden- dig the whole thing up and renew the compost.  Luckily, Travis anticipated that need and has made sure that we have all the compost and materials that we need to get started.  Now comes the hard part- what to plant?

No comments:

Great-Grandma Weber's Summer German Potato Salad

 This was a staple at our family's summer outings for as long as I can remember.  My youngest sister asked me for the recipe so I though...