Thursday, August 28, 2014

POMP: Progress on my porch August 28, 2014

What can I say?  It's the end of August.  Do you like my unintentional selfies?
Stuff has been growing all summer- it might not be the stuff I wanted to grow- but it's growing.  All the basils were very happy this summer.  Tomatoes are in pain but still living- most of the tomatoes are popping due to the rain.  Tarragon is growing like a weed- may move it to the TTCG common areas for all the enjoy and give it more room. Everything that died last summer pretty much died.  Was able to keep some parsley growing in the nursery area- lots of water, shade at mid-day but plenty of sun early in the morning.  All the small planters need to be dumped and re-planted.  Everything needs to be moved off the porch and the porch needs a good scrub down.  We're still having rains but there is so much sand on the porch, I hate to go out there!

Maybe if I post this picture, I'll have to go out and do something about it this week- and have a good start to the upcoming growing season.  Thinking of transplanting the cubby things to crates, then filling the wood planter with dirt and grow lots of greens- things that don't need good root depth.  Can't wait for the cool weather crops.  The last two nights on the way home from work- I felt a bit of a cool breeze and thought- yes- that is what I moved to Florida for- because fall is the best time to be in Florida- balmy breezes, cool for us but not at all cold (70's and 80's) and always a hint of moisture in the air.  Not so great when hurricanes come- but let's face it- that is where those balmy breezes come from- the gathering or waning storm out to sea.

That's all for this week!

No comments:

Great-Grandma Weber's Summer German Potato Salad

 This was a staple at our family's summer outings for as long as I can remember.  My youngest sister asked me for the recipe so I though...