Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Following up on Finding Fresh Food in Tampa

Tampa Bay Farmer's Market looks intriguing.  However, if you look at their list of products, not a lot are grown in Florida and even if they ARE grown in Florida, you don't know how local the food is.  Still it looks like a good place to go and visit.
Amy's Fresh Delivery does have fresh locally grown produce but she does not deliver to the northern part of Tampa at this time.
Cheyennes Country Thangs has a very confusing web site.  Think that the only way you can join is to email the owner.  No guarantee that their food is locally grown and some of their items probably are not Florida grown. Looks like they have a very eclectic mix of things and also looks like you can get a grow box full of vegetables already started for $65.  Not sure that I will be able to purchase food without a membership but may go up this Saturday and see what I can see.

Getting off to a late start this morning.  Tomorrow will show you Days 2-5 of my three sisters pot.

No comments:

Great-Grandma Weber's Summer German Potato Salad

 This was a staple at our family's summer outings for as long as I can remember.  My youngest sister asked me for the recipe so I though...