Sunday, November 13, 2011

Peaceful Saturday

 Peaceful Saturday.  Found some of my Thanksgiving things- put them on my entryway table.  

Broke out my Thanksgiving ornaments 11-12-11
 Bought a new thyme plant at Whole Foods- forgot my camera. 
 
Bought Thyme at Fresh Market 11-12-11

Thinned out my mint plants and found some sage struggling for life- so now I have parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme! 

Found some sage!  11-12-11
Parsley 11-13-11

Rosemary 


















Wondering if I want a rosemary tree for Christmas- and if I do- will it survive inside long enough to make it into the garden. 

Dill and Cilantro 11-13-11
Dill and cilantro seem happy.  Used a lot of cilantro this week in my fresh salsa (Large tomato, fresh lime juice, fresh cut cilantro, salt, pepper, freshly ground cumin seed, onion and garlic powder- yummy!).  We enjoyed the salsa instead of diced tomatoes in our tacos.

Last night Rob went to the Taylor Swift concert.  Got to enjoy an evening on my own- not as fun as I remembered!  Getting a late start this morning!

No comments:

Great-Grandma Weber's Summer German Potato Salad

 This was a staple at our family's summer outings for as long as I can remember.  My youngest sister asked me for the recipe so I though...