Friday, November 18, 2011

A Light Rain

Yesterday, I was able to catch a light rain.  It might not look like a light rain- but this is what one looks like in Tampa- this was a 15 minute storm.

Here is the rain coming off the roof and hitting the pavement.





And here is what the backyard near my garden looked like:



The side of the building:

The river near the storm drain.  The run-off from this drain feeds the pond that I have shown you on some of my walks.  That pond then filters the water that feeds the Hillsborough River- so that the river stays clean.

My three sisters must have loved the rain because here is what I found today:




And here is a better view of the new leaves:
As far as my sunflower basket goes, it looked a little tired this morning, so I took every stem out- trimmed away all the dead leaves and flowers, turned over my oasis, and put everything in new again.  Doesn't look like I need anything new yet.

Top of the compost looked great- getting a little heat- but the compost tea had a sulfur smell, so know that I need to do a better job of aeration.  Went into my storage bin looking for containers and found a lot of pots that needed to be filled.  Lots of work for the weekend...

No comments:

Great-Grandma Weber's Summer German Potato Salad

 This was a staple at our family's summer outings for as long as I can remember.  My youngest sister asked me for the recipe so I though...